Technical advice projects
In this guide:
Funding is available to engage a consultant to help assess:
- your current irrigation operations
- options to improve on-farm water use efficiency.
The technical advice project enables irrigators to access up to 80 per cent of the consultant costs, to a maximum of $4000 (GST exclusive, per business ABN).
It is our intention that each eligible irrigator has access to funding up to $4000 (ex GST).
How to apply
Irrigators seeking to access funding must submit a completed technical services application form. We will advise on the outcome of this application in writing within five working days.
- Technical advice in water use efficiency brochure (PDF, 294.1KB)
- Technical advice funding guidelines (PDF, 102.5KB)
- Application form (DOC, 288.0KB)
- Report form (DOC, 283.0KB)
These documents are available to irrigators applying for technical advice. To request a hard copy or further information, contact the HHWUE project team on telephone (07) 4529 1321 or email: email@example.com.
An applicant must:
- be registered with the Australian Taxation Office for GST purposes and have a valid ABN - or where the applicant is a company, have a current Australian Securities and Investment Commission Australian Company Number (ACN)
- have access to all land applicable to the project application, either as the registered land owner, or with the permission of the registered land owner
- be able to permanently transfer at least 10 ML as an unencumbered water entitlement
- own a water entitlement located in one of the following areas:
- Supplemented water
- Lower Balonne: St George Water Supply Scheme (zones 1-4)
- Unsupplemented water
- Lower Balonne: Lower Balonne Water Management Area (zones 1-10)
- Condamine: Condamine and Balonne Water Management Area (zones 1-9) and Upper Condamine Water Management Area (zones 6-10 and 12-16)
- Border Rivers: Border Rivers Water Management Area (Dumaresq, Macintyre and Barwon zones), Upper Weir Water Management Area (class UW2A) and Lower Weir Water Management Area (class LW1)
- Moonie: Moonie Water Management Area (zones A-D)
- Warrego: Lower Warrego Water Management Area (zones A-D)
- Overland flow
- Lower Balonne: Lower Balonne Water Management Area (overland flow water)
- Underground water
- Central Condamine Alluvium Groundwater Management Area
- Supplemented water
- be willing to share the information generated by the consultant.
Funding is available for services in the following fields:
- measurement of evaporation and seepage losses from on-farm storages
- measurement of on-farm storages
- farm level irrigation design
- water auditing
- on-farm water accounting and removing overland flow conditions
- other services as approved by DNRM.
Applicants must use an irrigation consultant holding at least one of the following qualifications/certifications:
- Irrigation Australia Certified Irrigation Designer
- Irrigation Australia Certified Irrigation Agronomist
- Registered Professional Engineer of Queensland.
The consultant will be required to provide the irrigator with a written report of their findings on water use efficiency options for the irrigator's situation.