Warrego, Paroo, Bulloo and Nebine catchments
Under the Water Reform and Other Legislation Amendment Act 2014, water resource plans and resource operation plans are being replaced by new planning instruments. Water planning outcomes for the Warrego, Paroo, Bullo and Nebine catchment are now provided by the Water Plan (Warrego, Paroo, Bulloo and Nebine) 2016, Warrego, Paroo, Bullo and Nebine Water Management Protocol, and a Resource Operations Licence and associated operations manual.
Once these documents have been prepared in accordance with the transitional provisions in the Act they will be made available below.Read more about the changes to water legislation.
Map of the catchment
- The new Warrego, Paroo, Bulloo and Nebine water plan (PDF) commenced on 12 February 2016. The plan replaces the repealed Water Plan (Warrego, Paroo, Bulloo and Nebine) 2003.
- Explanatory notes accompany the plan.
Resource operations plan
The Warrego, Paroo, Bulloo and Nebine resource operations plan (Revision 1) (PDF, 1.9MB) commenced on 13 May 2016.
New water plan and resource operations plan
The new plans provide for:
- increased security for entitlement holders through alignment with the Murray–Darling Basin Plan
- unallocated water reserves of surface water and groundwater to support future development
- management of groundwater for non-stock or domestic purposes
- management of overland flow water for non-stock or domestic purposes
- recognition of Indigenous outcomes for water management, separate from social and economic outcomes
- revised operating rules for Cunnamulla Water Supply Scheme.
The consultation report (PDF, 392.9KB) summarises the issues raised during the consultation process and how these were addressed in the new plans.
Long-term environmental watering plan
A long-term environmental watering plan (PDF, 1.7MB) has been prepared in conjunction with the new water plan and resource operations plan for the Warrego, Paroo and Nebine catchments.
The long-term watering plan must identify priority environmental assets and ecosystem functions, objectives and targets for the identified assets and functions, as well as corresponding environmental watering requirements in line with Chapter 8 of the Murray-Darling Basin Plan 2012.
The long-term watering plan for the Warrego Paroo Nebine Commonwealth water plan area describes how existing Queensland legal instruments and supporting documents together provide for environmental watering for the plan area in line with Basin Plan requirements.
You can view past reports and historical documents relating to the plans in the library catalogue.
If you have any questions about the draft plans, problems downloading any of these documents, or would like a copy sent by mail, please contact:
Attention: Warrego, Paroo, Bulloo and Nebine WRP Coordinator
Department of Natural Resources and Mines
203 Tor St
PO Box 318
Toowoomba QLD 4350
Phone: (07) 4529 1200
Fax: (07) 4529 1555
Email: Warrego Paroo Bulloo Nebine WRP Coordinator