Burnett Basin catchment
Under the Water Reform and Other Legislation Amendment Act 2014, water resource plans and resource operation plans have been replaced by new planning instruments. Water planning outcomes for the Burnett Basin catchment are now provided by the Water Plan (Burnett Basin) 2014, Burnett Basin Water Management Protocol and four Resource Operations Licences and associated operations manual.
Once these documents have been prepared in accordance with the transitional provisions in the Act, they will be made available below. Read more about the changes to water legislation.
Water planning instruments
Map of the catchment
- The Burnett Basin water plan commenced on 22 August 2014 and replaces the repealed water plan from 2000.
- Explanatory notes accompany the plan.
- A consultation report (PDF, 991.2KB) summarises issues raised during the consultation process, and how they've been addressed in the plan.
Resource operations plan
- The Burnett Basin resource operations plan was released in May 2003. Revision 12 of the plan (PDF, 6.6MB), which introduces management arrangements for the Coastal Burnett Groundwater Management Area, was released in November 2014 and is currently in force.
- A consultation report (PDF, 1.6MB) summarises issues raised during the consultation process, and how they've been addressed in the plan for the Coastal Burnett Groundwater Management Area.
You can view past reports and historical documents relating to the Burnett Basin plans in the library catalogue.
Check seasonal trading options (Coastal Burnett)
Trades that match your search
Some sort of message here
Other possible trades
You can trade with the following zones (up to the maximum volume for each zone).
16-32 Enterprise Street
PO Box 1167
Bundaberg QLD 4670
Toll-free: 1800 135 531
Fax: (07) 4131 2318