Boyne River Basin catchment
Under the Water Reform and Other Legislation Amendment Act 2014, water resource plans and resource operation plans have been replaced by new planning instruments: the Water Plan (Boyne River Basin) 2013, Boyne River Basin Water Management Protocol 2016, and Awoonga resource operations licence and associated operations manual. See below to access these instruments.
- Find out more about changes to the planning process.
Map of the catchment
- The Boyne River Basin water resource plan (WRP), which commenced on 20 December 2013, is now referred to as the Water Plan (Boyne River Basin) 2013.
- The water plan currently contains the same information as that specified in the superseded WRP. The water plan will be amended in the future to specify water management areas and the criteria for deciding water licence applications, which was previously contained in the superseded resource operations plan (ROP).
- For ease of reference, the clauses transitioning from the superseded ROP into the water plan have been combined into a single document, the Boyne River Basin transitions from ROP to water plan (PDF, 657.9KB).
- The explanatory notes for the superseded WRP are still available.
Water management protocol
- The Boyne River Basin ROP, which commenced in December 2013, is no longer in effect. However, the clauses contained in this document are taken to be a part of the water plan, water management protocol, resource operations licence and associated operations manual.
- The Boyne River Basin Water Management Protocol 2016 (PDF, 154.9KB) contains water allocation dealing rules supplemented water and information for granting unallocated water reserved in the plan area. Furthermore, the seasonal water assignment rules for particular water licences are contained in the water management protocol whilst the supplemented rules are contained in the operations manual.
- The Boyne River Basin Water Management Protocol (the protocol) which was approved in December 2016 contained section numbering errors. In March 2017 the protocol was amended to correct these errors (PDF, 52.4KB).
Resource operations licence
- The resource operations licence for the Awoonga Water Supply Scheme (PDF, 88.3KB), operated by Gladstone Area Water Board, contains information on the roles and responsibilities of the scheme operators (supplemented water) to achieve the outcomes of the water plan. You can also obtain copies of the resource licence by contacting your local business centre.
- The Awoonga water supply scheme operations manual (PDF, 521.1KB) contains the day-to-day operational, water sharing and seasonal water assignment rules for supplemented water. You can also obtain copies of the manual by contacting the Gladstone Area Water Board or your local business centre.
You can view past reports and historical documents relating to the plans in the library catalogue.
If you have problems downloading any of these documents, or would like a copy sent by post, please contact:
Department of Natural Resources and Mines
Rockhampton State Gov. Bld. L1
209 Bolsover Street
PO Box 1762
Rockhampton QLD 4700
Phone: 1800 822 100
Fax: (07) 4927 3079
Email: Boyne WRP coordinator