We provide a full range of chemical and physical analysis services to test your workplace air, water and dust samples for hazardous substances and contaminants. Our National Association of Testing Authorities (NATA) certified analytical testing laboratory is equipped with the latest technology to ensure high-quality results and quick turnaround times.
Our analytical capability
Simtars’ analytical laboratory has an extensive scope of test methods available to our clients.
- Dusts: respirable, inhalable, high and low volume/partisol TSP, PM10/2.5
- Silica/quartz: quartz content in respirable dust and bulk samples
- Air toxics: aldehydes, poly aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs), isocyanates, acid gases, cyanide, sulphur dioxide, metal working fluid
- Volatile organic compounds (VOCs): solvents and vapors
- Metals: selected elements, metalloids, metal vapor, welding fume
- Water and soil: inorganic and physical parameters
- Diesel particulate matter (DPM): organic and elemental carbon content
- Dust deposition: total, insoluble, combustible content
- Roadway dust: incombustible content of underground roadway dust, stone dust analysis
Why choose Simtars analytical services?
Highly-trained laboratory staff
Our highly trained and professional laboratory staff deliver quality services to clients across a broad range of industries including:
- coal mines, metal mines and quarries
- coal ports and coal processing
- refineries, metal processing and smelting
- power stations
- state and local government
Quality-driven analytical services
Our laboratory uses a variety of NATA accredited techniques to provide quality-driven results through expert analysis. Our validated laboratory procedures are based on Australian and international methods (NIOSH, OSHA, HSE*) and we hold NATA technical accreditation to AS/ISO 17025.
*NIOSH - National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health; OSHA - Occupational Safety and Health Administration; HSE - Health and Safety Executive
Our state-of-the-art analytical instrumentation includes:
- electronic microbalances and analytical balances
- infrared spectroscopy (FTIR)
- high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC)
- gas chromatography (GC)
- inductively coupled plasma spectrometry (ICP)
- mass spectrometry (MS)
- automatic thermal desorption (ATD)
- thermal optical carbon analyser (TOC)
- flow injection mercury system (FIMS).