Consider careers in spatial information
A career in spatial could take you anywhere. You could work in an office or spend your days outside. You could work here in Queensland or anywhere in the world! The spatial industry is evolving and is at the cutting edge of technology.
You might find yourself:
- mapping the movement of migrating whales
- measuring the impact of global warming
- finding the best place for a new housing development
- identifying the potential lava streams of a volcano
- analysing the areas where most crimes are committed.
Students with spatial skills are in high demand with varied career pathways. The work is dynamic and challenging and the technology is leading edge.
QSIC provides secretariat support to the Destination Spatial Queensland (DSQ) Executive group.
Destination Spatial supports the surveying and spatial industry by providing the opportunities, forums, resources and direction required to deliver its vision for 'A skilled surveying and spatial workforce to meet current and future demand'.
Visit Destination Spatial to learn more about a career in spatial.
- Refer to Australia's national geoscience organisation, Geoscience Australia, for spatial sciences information and resources.
- Learn about the role of the Cooperative Research Centre for Spatial Information (CRC-SI) in spatial sciences research in Australia.
- Learn how the Intergovernmental Committee on Surveying and Mapping (ICSM) provides leadership, coordination and standards for surveying, mapping and national data.
Email: email@example.com for more information, to update your details or to provide feedback.