- About us
- Media centre
- Corporate information
- Policies and initiatives
- Mining and resources initiatives
- Land and property initiatives
- Water management initiatives
- Vegetation management initiatives
- Our policies
- Corporate publications
- State budget
- Strategic plan
- Annual Report
- Foreign ownership of land report
- Newsletters and alerts
- Preparing environmental impact statements for coordinated projects
- Fees and charges
- Policies and initiatives
- Support and assistance
- Drought declared areas
- Natural disasters: Preparation and recovery
- Right to information
- Careers with us
- Contact us
- Business centre locations
- Compliments and complaints
- Social media
- Titles Registry contacts
- Mines lodgement offices
- Mines Inspectorate contacts
- Petroleum and Gas Inspectorate contacts
- Explosives Inspectorate contacts
- Geological Survey of Queensland contacts
- Native title contacts
- Coal seam gas contacts
- Valuation enquiries
- Vegetation management contacts
- Surveying contacts
- State land
- Landcentre access
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander land services contacts
- Water management contacts
- Our service charter
Review of the self-assessable vegetation clearing codes
The Minister for Natural Resources and Mines commissioned an independent technical review of the self-assessable vegetation clearing codes to ensure they are achieving the intended objective and to recommend improvements.
The outcomes of the review (PDF, 1.6MB), conducted by Cardno, were presented to government and stakeholders.
The self-assessable vegetation clearing codes will continue to be available to manage low-risk clearing activities and they will be amended to align with the latest scientific information.
Draft revisions of the existing self-assessable codes are currently being developed and will be released for public comment in stages through to 2017.
Feedback on draft self-assessable codes
We will be seeking feedback on the following draft self-assessable codes as they are developed (links are provided below for drafts that are currently open for feedback). Click on the links to find out more and provide your feedback.
- Managing thickened vegetation (consultation closed)
- Managing fodder harvesting (consultation closed)
- Managing regrowth vegetation
- Necessary environmental works
- Property infrastructure
- Managing encroachment
- Weed control
- Extractive industry
- Native forest practice
- Improving operational efficiency of existing agriculture
- Read the outcomes of the review (PDF, 1.6MB).
- View the existing self-assessable vegetation clearing codes.
- Download a copy of the Vegetation Management Act 1999.
- Download a copy of the State Policy for Vegetation Management (PDF).
- Contact us for more information.