ResourcesQ is a Queensland Government initiative to drive growth and jobs in Queensland's resources sector.
We want to generate an economically strong, competitive, diverse and agile sector over the next 30 years. It’s about planning for the future to ensure we all prosper from Queensland's resource wealth.
Partnering for prosperity
Throughout 2014, the government will work in partnership with the resources sector to develop a shared vision for Queensland's resources over the next 30 years and an action plan to deliver that vision.
A long-term vision will:
- position Queensland as the best state to do business in the resources sector
- position the Queensland Government as modern and efficient, with an economic growth and development agenda
- foster greater industry and investment confidence in Queensland
- shape future government policy
- ensure all Queenslanders prosper from resources now and in the future.
We will establish an innovative and strong formal partnership with peak bodies representing the industry, which will remove constraints and realise the benefits the resources sector offers to all Queenslanders.
Working alongside stakeholders
Stakeholder input will be sought through a range of methods including targeted industry consultation.
The ResourcesQ process includes the following key actions and engagement activities:
- Foresight study — December 2013 to February 2014
- Industry leaders' workshop — February 2014
- Partnership group — February 2014
- Resources supply chain leaders' workshop — 4 April 2014
- Partnership agreement — April 2014
A formal partnership agreement will be signed by the government and peak bodies for the resources industry to affirm the commitment to work together for the benefit of the sector. The agreement will be finalised April 2014.
- Regional stakeholder workshops — April to June 2014
Five regional stakeholder workshops will be held to discuss the proposed vision and the way forward from an 'on-the-ground' perspective. These workshops will take place in Mt Isa, Cairns, Gladstone, Roma and Emerald.
- Forum — August 2014
A forum will be held to finalise the shared vision and develop the action plan to achieve that vision.
- Partnership report — September 2014
The partnership report, 30-year vision and action plan will be released in September.
Sign up to receive the latest news and information about ResourcesQ.
Queensland's resources industry includes a large number of stakeholders from a broad range of sectors including:
- resource exploration and development companies
- peak industry bodies
- resources sector workforce
- suppliers to industry
- regional and local communities
- federal government
- local government
- agricultural and landholder groups
- training organisations
- traditional owners
- research institutions
- public sector.
ResourcesQ will give industry the opportunity to guide the strategic direction for the resources sector. Businesses and other stakeholders, including resource communities, will be encouraged to contribute to the development of solutions that will ensure resources remains an economic pillar for future generations.