ResourcesQ is a Queensland Government initiative to drive growth and jobs in Queensland's resources sector.
We want to generate an economically strong, competitive and agile industry over the next 30 years-it's about planning for the future to ensure we all prosper from Queensland's resources.
Partnering for prosperity
Throughout 2014, the government will work in partnership with the resources sector to develop a shared vision for Queensland resources over the next 30 years and an action plan to deliver that vision.
A long-term vision will:
- position Queensland as the best state to do business in the resources sector
- present the Queensland Government as modern and efficient, with an economic growth and development agenda
- foster greater industry and investment confidence in Queensland
- shape future government policy
- provide a basis for measuring the government's performance to ensure our customers' needs are met
- ensure all Queenslanders prosper from resources now and in the future.
We will establish an innovative and strong formal partnership agreement with peak bodies representing the industry, which will remove constraints and realise the benefits that the resource sector offers to all Queenslanders.
Have your say
Stakeholder consultation will occur through a number of methods designed to encourage input, ranging from targeted industry consultation to broader engagement opportunities via social media and other web-based networks.
The ResourcesQ process will include the following key actions and consultation opportunities:
- A foresight study will be commissioned to identify and understand the events that will significantly impact the resources sector over the next 30 years - December 2013 to February 2014.
- an industry leaders workshop will be held to discuss the future and vision for the sector - February 2014.
- A formal partnership agreement will be signed by the government and peak bodies for the resources industry - first half of 2014.
- A number of regional stakeholder workshops will be organised to discuss the proposed vision and the way forward from an 'on-the-ground' perspective - April 2014.
- A ResourcesQ forum will be held to finalise the shared vision and develop the action plan to achieve that vision - July 2014.
- The partnership report, 30-year vision and action plan will be released - September 2014.
Sign up to receive the latest news and information about ResourcesQ.
Queensland's resources industry includes a large number of stakeholders from a broad range of sectors including:
- resource exploration and development companies
- peak industry bodies
- resources sector workforce
- suppliers to industry
- regional and local communities
- federal government
- local government
- agricultural and landholder groups
- training organisations
- traditional owners
- research institutions
- public sector.
ResourcesQ will give industry the opportunity to guide the strategic direction for the resources sector. Businesses and other stakeholders, including resource communities, will be encouraged to actively engage in raising issues, workshopping ideas and developing solutions.