Instructions for installing Queensland Globe on Mac or PC
- New Google Earth™ users, download and install the latest, free Google Earth™ application.
- Existing Google Earth™ users, update to the latest version (version 7.0.2 or newer) of Google Earth™.
- Save the qldglobe.kml (KML, 277Bytes) file to your computer by right clicking on the link and selecting 'Save target as...' or 'Save link as...' and choosing a location to save it to (this will normally default to your 'Downloads' folder). Make sure the file name is 'qldglobe.kml'. If it says 'qldglobe.xml', then change the name to 'qldglobe.kml'.
- Go to the file location and double click on the file. The file will open in Google Earth™.
- In 'Layers', expand the Queensland Globe layer and then select the datasets you wish to view.
If you are unable to download the .kml file, you can use this qldglobe.zip file by downloading it in the same way as in step 3, then double clicking on the file and extracting the .kml files to your computer.
Note: Once you have installed the Queensland Globe, you can also open other globes and maps.